Audit Manager - New York
- - New York
- New York, NY, USA
- Full Time
- Excellent Benefits
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
Summary of Responsibilities: Acts as liaison between partners, clients and staff. Responsibilities include managing multiple projects and client engagements simultaneously while scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement workflow. Major involvement in firm practice development efforts, develop advanced technical knowledge, and management skills. Ability to make decisions.
- Responsible for all phases of audit and other attest engagements.
- Review work papers and financial statements prepared by staff or senior.
- Complete coordination of tax information gathering work tax preparer, as required
- Become an "expert" in specific industries or services.
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year and possess a thorough knowledge of the client and their industry.
- Serve as the primary resource for audit staff.
- Assist in firm administrative functions including billing and collections.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
- Assist with buy side and sell side acquisition projects
- Opportunity to expand knowledge and work on transaction services projects
- CPA required
- Minimum 5 years' experience in an Audit practice within a national public accounting or consulting firm
- Highly proficient with Excel and/or databases with the ability to handle large amounts of data efficiently.
- M&A transaction services or private equity experience is helpful.
- Very intelligent and inquisitive with communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Driven, great attitude, and a desire to succeed.
Please contact Karen Hill at email@example.com directly if you are interested in this opportunity.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.