- - Valuation Group
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
Valuation Director or Manager (depending on experience)
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Knowledge of and adherence to KSM's philosophy on work quality and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Business development for all types of valuation engagements, with a focus on Fair Value for Financial Reporting.
- Subject matter expert and thought leader, both for the firm and the industry, through presentations, both internal and external, and written communications, such as blog posts or contributing articles to industry publications or websites.
- Provide Fair Value for Financial Reporting expertise to audit team, including managing audit-assist projects and expertise to audit prospects.
- Enhance and improve effectiveness of analysis processes, financial models and reports for Fair Value for Financial Reporting engagements.
- Assist with, manage and/or perform other valuation analysis projects including complex transactions, such as transactions involving complex capital structures or significant intangible assets.
- Manage multiple engagements and assume responsibility for high-quality client deliverables.
- Manage engagements, which may include hands-on preparation of analysis and reports, as needed.
- Communicate project status in a timely and effective manner to meet internal workflow and external client deadlines.
- Supervise staff and provide on-the-job training and mentoring, as well as review of workpapers and reports prepared by staff.
- Work to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, developing training aids, acting as an instructor in professional development programs, and involvement in staff mentoring program.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of valuation experience; significant experience in Fair Value for Financial Reporting, preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of management/leadership/supervisory experience.
- ASA, ABV or CEIV credential holder, or CEIV candidate.
- Proven ability to bring in new business.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as manage staff in a positive manner.
- Demonstrated ability to complete and deliver challenging projects.
- Strong skills in research, writing and verbal presentation.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multi-office environment.
- Ability to create a positive environment by monitoring workloads while meeting client expectations and respecting the work-life quality of team members.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.