Audit Director - Fort Wayne
- - Fort Wayne
- 46802, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine. We are currently seeking an Audit Director to join our Fort Wayne office.
Summary of Responsibilities: Acts as liaison between partners, clients and staff. Responsibilities include managing multiple projects and client engagements simultaneously while scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement workflow. Major involvement in firm practice development efforts, develop advanced technical knowledge, and management skills. Ability to make decisions and build a strong relationship with staff and clients.
- Responsible for all phases of audit and other attest engagements.
- Supervises several staff on multiple engagements effectively and simultaneously, including providing timely performance feedback to the staff.
- Complete coordination of tax information gathering work tax preparer, as required
- Become an "expert" in specific industries or services.
- Maintain contact with clients throughout the year and possess a thorough knowledge of the client and their industry.
- Serve as the primary resource for audit staff.
- Assist in firm administrative functions including billing and collections.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to existing clients.
- Serve as a visible part of the Firm; referral source networking, public speaking, internal presentations, writing articles, mentoring staff, etc.
- Works to develop responsible trained staff by assisting in recruiting, developing training aids, acting as an instructor in professional development programs,
- Participates in firm's practice development efforts.
- 8 + years of public accounting experience
- Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting.
- CPA license
- Driven, great attitude, and a desire to succeed
- Coach and mentor colleagues and guide career development planning
- Be an asset to the firm through civic, community and practice group activities
- Demonstrated technical abilities in select areas (audit, accounting, regulatory, compliance, etc.)
- Experience with audit planning, field work, and audit reporting; preparing reports, and communicating findings and recommendations to engagement managers
- Passion for maintaining/building client relationships, managing client expectations, while demonstrating knowledge of client businesses
- Experience managing multiple clients, budgets and production goals
Please contact Karen Hill at email@example.com directly if you are interested in this opportunity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media