- - Other
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Excellent Benefits Package
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
The Billing Specialist is responsible for managing outstanding WIP balances for each client listed under the Job Bill Manager (JBM) to which you are assigned. In addition, this individual will be responsible and accountable for reviewing, analyzing, and preparing recommendations for billing & bring to meeting with assigned JBM. In addition, duties will include; preparing actual bill, write ups, write downs and write offs for their respective Job Billing Manager.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Manages unrelieved WIP balances according to established goals for the Billing Department
- Scheduling & maintaining consistent monthly meetings with assigned Job Bill Managers (JBM)
- Works directly with JBM to assume billing responsibilities
- Manages unrelieved WIP balances for all clients managed by JBM
- Prepares billing recommendations based on client billing history and New Billing Guidelines
- Communicates effectively with JBM Updates billing recommendation during billing meeting to ensure accuracy
- Finalizes billing; including write up's/down's in Practice Engine w/in 48 hours of billing meeting
- Processes WIP write offs for assigned JBM
- Work with Job Bill Manager and Client Partner on Invoice Approval
- Process expense reports
- Cash Receipt Entry
- Management of AR Credit balances
- Process approved write offs
- Associates degree in related field or 5 years billing/invoicing related experience.
- A self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and can work with some, but not extensive direction
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technology skills and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media