Staff Accountant - Spring Tax Internship 2020
- - Other
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
An internship with KSM provides you with hands-on experience in the exciting and challenging profession of public accounting. You will learn how the theories and principles of accounting are applied while essentially performing the role of a first-year staff accountant.
As an Intern you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain hands-on experience in either tax or audit and in some cases both
- Participate in our intern orientation, technical training and development programs designed to expose you to both tax and audit and to give you the tools needed to immediately contribute to clients
- Experience, through on-the-job training and real, meaningful work engagements, how your academic experience translates to the professional environment
- Learn directly from experienced Staff, Seniors, Managers and Partners with specialized experience and technical knowledge across numerous industries and services
- Work directly with a variety of clients across multiple industries ranging from start-ups and family-run businesses to multi-national corporations
- Enjoy the many perks of a top-notch public accounting firm
- Collaborate with peers while forming lasting friendships
- Demonstrate your performance and ability to join Katz, Sapper & Miller as a Staff Accountant full-time
Successful candidates will:
- Working towards an Undergraduate or Master's Degree in Business or Accounting.
- On track for CPA Eligibility upon graduation
- Outstanding students with a minimum overall GPA of a 3.2
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment with all levels of client personnel in various industries
- Excellent written/verbal communication and collaboration skills
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship, as a citizen, permanent resident, asylee or refugee
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.