Help Desk - IT Support Specialist
- - Information Systems
- IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
This is a Level I/Level II helpdesk position providing computing support to Katz, Sapper & Miller partners, directors, managers, and staff. The position is responsible for first level problem determination, problem/incident recording, problem resolution and problem escalation for KSM supported products and services.
All support will be provided remotely over the telephone with remote support tools.
These products and services include networks, client/server systems, PC desktops, desktop application software, peripheral devices, business applications, and others.
80% Resolve IT Helpdesk problems reported to the KSM IT Helpdesk
- Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail.
- Provide first-level contact and problem resolution for all users with hardware, software and application problems.
- Resolve as many user-reported problems as expertise permits using available tools and following procedures and policies for the handling of support cases.
- Courteously obtain and convey concise problem information for external and internal service personnel.
- Provide accurate and timely logging of problems and resolution for problems in the KSM knowledge base
- Escalate problems as appropriate following helpdesk procedures
- Act as a liaison between customers and internal support staff to assure accurate problem interpretation. Maintain communications with customers during the problem resolution process.
- Utilize the service desk ticketing system to document all pertinent information regarding the technical issue.
- Prioritize and schedule problem resolution with end-users
Training and Quality Improvement
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of helpdesk supported products and services
- Work with the IT Support Services Manager to identify computer training that will enhance and improve the technology services delivered to the customer.
- 10% Help Desk Documentation, Records and Procedures
- Review and update Help Desk documentation as assigned.
- Review and recommend modifications to helpdesk procedures with IT Managers.
- Gather and input data for regular helpdesk statistic reports.
- 2 – 3 years of experience in an IT support environment or Call-Center environment.
- The ability to participate in an on-call after hours support rotation.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate with all levels within the company by phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and customers.
- Demonstrated analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Shows initiative and acts independently to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and follow through on projects to completion.
- Must have a high level of self-motivation coupled with a strong work ethic.
- After-hours and weekend support shifts are mandatory (January – April especially)
- Work may require extended or unscheduled hours.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Technical Requirements:
- Experience with and knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (Windows 10 and Windows 7).
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and various other PC applications necessary to support a business user environment.
- Basic knowledge of Apple products such as the iPhone and iPad.
- Basic knowledge of PC/Laptop hardware components.
- Experience with supporting remote users using VPN and Citrix technologies.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.