Application Support Specialist
- - Information Systems
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
- Excellent Benefits Package
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
The Application Support Specialist works with several accounting software products and provides in-house support for assigned accounting software applications and other third party applicationssoftware tools.
This role requires you to be highly responsive, productive, customer service driven and professional while working with professional client service staff.
Ideal candidate comes from a professional services organization such as a public accounting CPA firm. Must have strong analytical, reasoning and critical thinking skills. If you are committed to learning and growth, then we would love to speak with you.
Great opportunity for CPAs or accountants (non CPAs) that are technical savvy and have a passion for technology.
- Maintains and troubleshoots a wide range of software systems.
- Applies application updates to application servers and user workstations.
- Uses analytical and problem-solving ability to work through the complexity of an issue to get to the root cause to resolve a problem.
- Provide support resolution via ticketing system, email, phone and other electronic mediums.
- Maintain database integrity and security by providing user provisioning, password changes, and the termination of user access.
- Take ownership of customer requests by prioritizing and routing appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as required to accomplish the objectives of the position.
- Trains users and fellow coworkers on software and limited hardware as needed to resolve cases.
- Participates in a 24 x 7 x 365 on-call rotation.
- Participates in a late night and Saturday support schedule during the months of January to April 15th
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 to 4 years combined software support and accounting experience.
- Experience with the following software is ideal but not required. Comparable products are acceptable:
- CCH Prosystem fx Tax Suite (Tax Return Preparation Software)
- CCH Axcess Tax Suite (Tax Return Preparation Software)
- CCH ProSystem fx Engagement (Audit Engagement Software)
- Thomson Reuter Products
- Fixed Asset Systems (Sage Fixed Assets, Fixed Asset CS)
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system for workstations
- Basic understanding of SaaS based applications.
- Basic understanding of client server applications.
- Basic understanding of information security best practices for application security.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new software systems quickly.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and IRS tax deadlines.
- Team oriented individual with the ability to work independently.
- Must be willing to adapt in a diversified team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.