Business Valuation Analyst
- - Valuation Group
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Analyst is involved in all facets of KSM's valuation practice. The Analyst will work directly with managers, directors and partners, for a broad-based experience in financial analysis, company and industry research, modeling, and valuation of companies and equity securities. The Analyst will also gain exposure to a wide variety of industries.
This position will support all members of the valuation team. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Gathering information for projects from KSM applications (i.e. DMS, Engagement)
- Initial financial analysis and modeling for use by project lead
- Company and industry research
- Preparation of initial draft of valuation reports
- Proficiency as primary user of valuation data resources, both online and hardcopy subscriptions
- Maintenance / oversight of workflow applications
- Bachelors Degree in accounting or finance required
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience in finance or accounting
- Business valuation experience a plus
- Strong analytical, comprehension and problem solving skills, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Word & Excel
- Proficient with online research
- Ability to perform several tasks concurrently and with ease and professionalism
- Ability to work with multiple supervisors concurrently and with ease and professionalism
- Ability to perform in a flexible, deadline-oriented environment
- Work toward CPA or business valuation designation helpful
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.