Seasonal Tax Accountant
- - Tax Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
We are currently seeking a Seasonal Tax Professional to join our Indianapolis office.
This position will afford you an opportunity to practice your profession with an award-winning firm whose purpose is to help our clients achieve success. Here's your chance to have it all. Whether you want to work on a more seasonal basis or limited hours throughout the year, we are flexible.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years tax preparation experience with individual, corporate and partnership returns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience in GAAP accounting
- Proficient in both general & accounting related computer software, with preferred experience in ProSystems, Engagement, Quickbooks and Microsoft Office
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trail balances and financial statements
- Reconcile subsidiary accounts
- Perform schedule computations of accruals, debt and interest expense property and equipment, and calculate depreciation expense
- Perform audit or review procedures as assigned by supervisors
- Prepare entity and individual income tax returns
- Prepare multi-state tax returns
- Prepare payroll tax, sales, property and other local returns with varying degrees of complexity
- Assist in proofing financial statements, tax returns, and other documents'
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.