- - Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Acts as liaison between partners, clients and staff. Responsibilities include managing multiple projects and client engagements simultaneously while scheduling, staffing and coordinating engagement workflow. Develops and trains staff. Major involvement in firm practice development efforts, develop advanced technical knowledge, and management skills. Ability to make decisions. Ability to effectively delegate work.
- Possesses a complete knowledge of the Firm's philosophy on financial, tax, and consulting matters, work quality and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year; possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of client's business.
- Plans, schedules and staffs engagements using firm policies and procedures.
- Supervises staff and provides on-the-job training; reviews tax returns and related work papers prepared by staff including performance evaluations.
- Anticipates problem areas of engagement and develops procedures to address those problem areas; keeps supervisors informed of important developments and recommends solutions.
- Communicates progress of engagements, problems and resolutions to client through written and oral correspondences.
- Prepares invoices to clients, communicates details of fees to clients and assists in collection of overdue accounts.
- Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
- Performs supervisory reviews of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of complexity.
- Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
- Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate tax authorities.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in accounting and tax, demonstrating a progression in complexity, scope and number of engagements managed.
- Demonstrated ability to bring in new business to a CPA firm.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting.
- Minimum of forty hours of continuing professional education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
- A current and valid certified public accountant's license is required.
- Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
- Proficiency in use of computers and various accounting and tax computer software.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.