- - Tax Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Louisville, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
Essential Function and Skills:
- Performs diversified accounting and tax assignments under the direction of supervisors, managers or partners.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality and application of professional and firm standards.
- Meets time constraints and client deadlines.
- Participates in planning and scheduling client engagements.
- Assists staff, where applicable, in work to be performed.
- Prepares and indexes work papers; performs various procedures to verify client information.
- Prepares complicated tax returns.
- Suggests client tax planning ideas to managers, directors or partners.
- Thinks analytically and understands the "big picture" of each engagement.
- CPA certification or working towards obtaining
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience in public accounting
- Bachelors or Master's degree in accounting
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Client (internal and external) service oriented
- Creative and persistent problem solver
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize changing workloads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and be resourceful
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.