- - Other
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
The Billing Analyst is responsible for managing outstanding WIP balances for each client listed under the Billing Manager, Director or Partner (JBM) to which you are assigned. This individual will be responsible and accountable for reviewing, analyzing, and preparing recommendations for billing & bring to meeting with assigned JBM. In addition, duties will include: preparing actual bill, write ups, write downs and write offs for their respective Job Billing Manager.
- Manages WIP balances according to established goals for the Billing Department
- Scheduling & leading monthly meetings with assigned Billing Managers, Directors and Partners (JBM)
- Analyzes WIP balances as assigned for all clients managed by JBM's
- Prepares billing recommendations based on client billing history, time incurred and billing guidelines
- Communicates effectively with JBM's and updates billing schedule recommendation during meeting to ensure accuracy
- Create invoice based on meeting discussion; including write up's/down's in Accounting Software (Practice Engine) within 48 hours of billing meeting
- Daily printing and emailing of Approved Invoices
- Client and billing data updates as requested
- Daily Cash Receipt Entry
- Daily Management of AR Credit balances
- Monthly AR Statement processing
- Discuss outstanding AR with assigned JBM
- Associates degree in related field or 5 years billing/invoicing related experience.
- A self-starter who isn't afraid to take initiative and can work with some, but not extensive direction
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven written and oral communication skills
- Excellent technology skills and strong proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.