Experienced Hire Recruiter
- - Human Resources
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to also have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax, and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
The Experienced Hire Recruiter works closely with Director, Talent Acquisition & Staffing in supporting experienced recruiting for the firm. This position is responsible for recruiting for multiple office locations.
- Work collaboratively with the Hiring Managers and the Director of Talent Acquisition & Staffing to understand business objectives and candidate requirements for open positions.
- Responsible for aggressively sourcing accounting, finance and various business advisory professionals for strategic hires and just-in-time hiring to meet the needs of our growing practice.
- Recruit, interview and retain a qualified pool of candidates.
- Building and maintaining relationships with your clients, candidates, and team, while demonstrating strong networking, sourcing and recruiting skills.
- Strategize and create best practices to increase employee referrals and attract passive candidates
- Design job descriptions and interview questions that reflect each position's requirements.
- Assist with various recruitment-related and other projects as assigned.
- May attend career fairs and other recruiting-related events.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 6-8 years of equivalent experience
- CPA firm or other professional service firms (financial services, engineering, legal) recruiting experience preferred
- Ability to engage in and build relationships with firm personnel in a variety of office locations, talent communities, passive and active candidates, in-person and phone networking
- Ability to confidently and comfortably deliver presentations and speak in front of large groups
- Ability to command the attention/respect of firm leaders and push back appropriately
- High degree of initiative with the ability to think proactively and problem-solve
- Strong technology skills, including knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, web-based applications, applicant tracking system, email, and social media platforms.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Client (internal and external) service-oriented
- Ability to handle sensitive situations and confidential information
- Ability to coordinate and maintain follow-up on a number of projects simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize changing workloads
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and be resourceful
- A strong sense of urgency and the ability to work in an environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- The position may require travel to various locations
- Hours may exceed 40 hours per week during peak recruiting periods
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.