Accounting Services Staff
- - Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
- Assist our professional staff in performing accounting services for clients.
- Assist our professional staff in conducting financial statement engagements by preparing financial statements, workpapers, trial balances, depreciation schedules, entering data for computer applications, and preparing engagement correspondence.
- Performs a variety of accounting services utilizing clients' records.
- Reconciles bank accounts and traces discrepancies.
- Process vendor bills received for payment.
- Downloading and coding of credit card transactions.
- Reconciles subsidiary accounts to control accounts.
- Records daily transactions to subsidiary journals and posts to general ledger using computer software programs.
- Prepares payroll and payroll tax returns, and sales, property and other local tax returns.
- Schedules property and equipment and calculates depreciation and amortization using a computer software program.
- Become familiar with the firm's policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years responsible accounting services experience related to a computerized accounting system, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and general ledger through trial balance.
- Ability to prepare deposits and pay invoices for clients.
- Knowledge and experience with various software packages. Primarily with Quickbooks online, Bill.com, Word and Excel.
- Ability to multitask with ease and professionalism.
- Client-centric approach to all matters.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of processing payroll accounting transactions and payroll returns.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Works with confidential client matters, requires ability to maintain confidentiality.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.