Transaction Advisory Services Associate
- - Audit Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Full Time
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. With more than 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation and is the largest Indianapolis-based firm. KSM is proud to have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City.
KSM provides clients of all sizes in many industries with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax and consulting services. We have received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places to Work in Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
Katz, Sapper & Miller ("KSM") has an Associate opportunity to join their growing Transaction Advisory Services ("TAS") team. This role provides a dynamic & flexible environment, with learning opportunities in working with private equity and corporate clients on buy-side and sell-side financial due diligence engagements. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing KSM TAS team, which will provide the ideal candidate with the opportunity to drive his/her own career path and advancement.
As an Associate you will have the opportunity to work in an energetic atmosphere, actively participating in assessing target's quality of earnings, cash flows, working capital, key business drivers through analyzing financial details and discussions with management and their advisors.
- Assist team members in providing financial due diligence for clients acquiring businesses and aid in the evaluation of the potential transaction in the context of the client's investment thesis.
- Advise both strategic and private equity buyers / sellers through identification and analysis of business and financial risks or opportunities throughout the acquisition, disposition, or restructuring of the target company.
- Aggregate, manipulate, and analyze target company's detailed financial and operational data to identify financial and operating trends, quality of earnings, & working capital considerations.
- Participate in meetings and site visits with target company management, interacting with top-level management to obtain pertinent information for financial analysis.
- Assist in the build of deal reports and presentations for clients that highlight key financial and operations findings that may impact or drive client's investment thesis.
- Work on multiple projects of varying size & complexity.
- Travel as needed to various client sites
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- 1-3 years' public accounting experience or corporate finance preferably within an audit or transaction advisory role.
- CPA or CA preferred.
- Ideal candidate is highly motivated to learn, achieve career progression, and provide exceptional and timely services to KSM's TAS clients.
- Strong current knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Familiarity of the M&A process & market.
- Strong project management skills.
- Highly analytical.
- Capable of working in a demanding, deadline-driven environment (either independently or within a team dynamic) while effectively managing unexpected issues and/or questions in a professional manner.
- Ability to adapt communication style to successfully convey messaging & objectives to all levels of management, clients, colleagues, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, veteran status, or any other protected category.