Tax Accountant - Part-time
- - Tax Services
- Indianapolis, IN, USA
- Part Time
- Excellent Benefits Package
Katz, Sapper & Miller (KSM) is an employee-owned public accounting firm headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana. KSM is proud to have locations in Fort Wayne, Oklahoma City, and New York City. With nearly 400 employees, KSM is ranked as one of the largest independent certified public accounting firms in the nation. The firm provides clients of all sizes in every industry with a wide array of service offerings including assurance, tax and consulting services. KSM has received several awards of recognition, including being named as one of the "Best Places To Work In Indiana" by the Indiana Chamber for 13 years running, and one of the "Best of the Best" accounting firms in the nation by INSIDE Public Accounting magazine.
We are seeking an experienced Part-time Tax Accountant who desires to continue or restart their career in public accounting while maintaining balance in their personal lives. This position will afford you an opportunity to practice your profession with an award-winning firm whose purpose is to help our clients achieve success. Katz, Sapper and Miller is the largest Indianapolis-based CPA firm and a "Best Place to Work" for the last ten consecutive years as voted by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce. Here's your chance to have it all. Whether you want to work on a more seasonal basis or limited hours throughout the year, we are flexible.
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years tax preparation experience with individual, corporate and partnership returns
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Experience in GAAP accounting
- Proficient in both general & accounting related computer software, with preferred experience in ProSystems, Engagement, Quickbooks and Microsoft Office
- Record transactions in ledgers, prepare trail balances and financial statements
- Reconcile subsidiary accounts
- Perform schedule computations of accruals, debt and interest expense property and equipment, and calculate depreciation expense
- Perform audit or review procedures as assigned by supervisors
- Prepare entity and individual income tax returns
- Prepare multi-state tax returns
- Prepare payroll tax, sales, property and other local returns with varying degrees of complexity
- Assist in proofing financial statements, tax returns, and other documents'
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, sex, disability, national origin, race, religion, or veteran status.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts
Follow Us On Social Media